We worked on a CRM 4.0 environment, where the Email router was not tracking incoming email, it turn out is was a problem with the configuration, we were also getting incoming status failure message.
To fix the Tracking issue the following settings were changed to correct the configuration:
- Open CRM 4.0 in the browser, click on the Tools button in the top menu.
- Then click on Options in the dropdown.
- Now click on Email tab.
- The “Track” setting was change from “E-mail message in response to CRM e-mail” to “All e-mail messages”
The following setting also changed:
- Open CRM 4.0 in the browser, click on the Settings button in the left menu.
- Then click on Business Management menu item.
- Now click on Queues on the right.
- Double Click on the Queue used to for tracking.
- Change the setting for “Convert to email activities” option from “E-mail message in response to CRM e-mail” to “All email messages”
After setting the above two setting the tracking started working.
To resolve the incoming status failure the following commands were run to set the correct permission for access and impersonation:
- The following to allow CRM to access the user mailbox:
Add-MailboxPermission “Mailbox” -User “username” -AccessRights FullAccess
- The following to allow CRM to impersonate the users mailbox:
Add-ADPermission -Identity “Mailbox” -User “username” -extendedRight ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate
- Finally the following to allow CRM to impersonate the exchange CAS server:
Add-ADPermission -Identity “ClientAccessServer” -User “username” -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation